Less than six hours before we officially celebrate New Year’s Eve. In case it wasn’t blindingly obvious, I can’t wait for the long weekend. Interesting updates for the week (not that you might be interested) include:
1. My youngest sister has gotten a tattoo. She is the first in our family to have one. My [...]
Karl Lagerfeld’s Small World. By Marianne Mairesse. Taken from Marie Claire Dec 05.
MC: Do you like looking at people behind your glasses?
KL: I am not blind.
MC: No, but…
KL: My job is to see, not to be seen. I am scanning like a radar and I see very fast. [...]
So I finally had my Perhaps Love press conference this morning.
I got there at 10am – which was supposed to be when it started, ignoring the 9.30am media registration time – to find that some journalists had arrived as early as 8.30am to get good seats. And you can bet it’s not because they [...]
It is finished.
After 21 inconsistent and highly eccentric days, I have now officially written a 50,800 word baby. Far from a sterling effort – you wouldn’t expect anything less than horrifying fiction surely, but I fully intend to edit every inch before unfamiliar eyes should even lay upon it.
For now at least, [...]
Great about Bangkok in no particular order:
1. Places with cheap shopping.
2. My bag in mustard yellow and flip flops in brown (it’s true, that’s all I bought).
3. Our fantabulous hotel suite.
4. Watching Nip/Tuck Season Two (we brought dvds).
5. NaNoWriMo. The days of sitting in the [...]
I am officially a Marie Claire beauty assistant no more.
Yesterday, I sent emails to colleagues, clients and my CEO (because she didn’t come into the office all day).
The colleagues were generally nonchalant, probably because people move around so often anyway and both parties figured our paths would cross in this teeny tiny [...]
This is just the craziest thing.
Imagine frantically typing away for 30 days in November to produce a 50,000 word novel. And knowing there are thousands and thousands of others around the globe doing the exact same thing. Everyone knows it’s going to be vaguely, if not outlandishly, crappy, but no one cares. [...]
Endon, the wife of our Prime Minister, passed away yesterday morning at 7.55am. She’d been battling breast cancer for four years.
I got the news as I was walking out to my car, on the way to work. And for some reason, I was really sad.
It’s not like I knew her, I probably [...]
Q: When is Yuchun coming back?
A: Wednesday afternoon. He’s currently in Hong Kong on a stopover from San Francisco, eating roast duck and getting screamed at in rude Cantonese. He didn’t tell me that, I just made it up.
Q: What was he doing in San Francisco?
A: His client sent [...]
New on my screen:
Highly recommended for:
Those looking for a good dose of plastic surgery and its ensuing politics, ethical dilemmas and gory procedures, with plenty of bed/bathroom stall/office desk action thrown in.
Not recommended for:
Those still on their moral high horse, have weak stomachs, faint at the [...]
- Writer and mummy. Excited about entertainment, sports and telling other people's stories. Occasionally nerdy. I wish there were 30 hours in a day.
- Random beauty tip: Give the cleanser a miss
- Current lunch staple: Tuna salad
- The potty training chronicles
- Have you seen this awesome Evolution of Mom Dancing?
- Gotta get moving
- And baby turns three
- For real, someone sang ‘Circle of Life’ on ‘American Idol’
- The day R. Kelly sang ‘I Look to You’
- Going under the laser
- Introducing The Little People Project