For Valentine’s Day, I received a bouquet of flowers and a gift, delivered to my office… not from my husband. My colleagues thought it was the funniest thing they had ever seen. Y thought it was wonderful that I was receiving pressies, and wanted to know why the sender didn’t send him a gift too.
For two days now, I’ve been receiving calls from this place looking for someone we shall call A. I think it’s a photo centre or something, I don’t know, but the phone conversations go something like this:
Them: (in Mandarin) Hello, A?
Me: (in Mandarin) Pardon?
Them: A, please?
Me: Sorry, I think you have [...]
So it’s back to my fear of lizards.
I might have been born detesting lizards, I don’t remember actually, but I know I began to be really scared of them after this one particular incident…
I think I was in primary school at the time, probably somewhere between 7-9 years old. In our bathroom, we [...]
A colleague came in to work this morning, and suddenly announced in restrained disgust that there was a severed lizard’s tail on his mouse pad. He had touched it, and was wondering what it was before the hair-raising truth dawned on him.
It was only by some miracle that I remained calm in my seat. [...]
- Writer and mummy. Excited about entertainment, sports and telling other people's stories. Occasionally nerdy. I wish there were 30 hours in a day.
- At the park
- Natural beauty
- Random beauty tip: Give the cleanser a miss
- Current lunch staple: Tuna salad
- The potty training chronicles
- Have you seen this awesome Evolution of Mom Dancing?
- Gotta get moving
- And baby turns three
- For real, someone sang ‘Circle of Life’ on ‘American Idol’
- The day R. Kelly sang ‘I Look to You’