My darling Kaylin,
Happy, happy birthday! I can hardly wrap my head around it, but you’re officially two years old.
Your first year went by a lot slower than your second, maybe because all you did was eat, sleep and poop an awful lot. You took your first steps the day after your first birthday, and before I knew it, you went from being a cute, chubby little baby to this remarkably-aware toddler that runs around, does things and knows exactly what she wants. In other words, you’ve become kind of demanding.
But I still love you to bits.
Unlike your first birthday, you knew what a birthday cake was this time around, so your grandma made another Sesame Street-themed cake just for you. You also knew how to sing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song and blow out your candles, so we did the whole shebang – four times.
Every day, I am amazed at how much you know and how quickly you know it, and it’s been a pretty cool experience. If only kids (and adults!) stayed so curious and so teachable forever. I have to admit your Terrible Twos have already come knocking, but I’m optimistic we’ll both survive. Also, you’re a little spoiled but I can’t say I’m entirely surprised, given how much love and attention you get. (I hope you never take that for granted.)
One last thing: You’ve recently started singing and full-on talking, stringing sentences together and such, and it’s so, so cute. How did you learn all that stuff?
All my love,
- Writer and mummy. Excited about entertainment, sports and telling other people's stories. Occasionally nerdy. I wish there were 30 hours in a day.
- At the park
- Natural beauty
- Random beauty tip: Give the cleanser a miss
- Current lunch staple: Tuna salad
- The potty training chronicles
- Have you seen this awesome Evolution of Mom Dancing?
- Gotta get moving
- And baby turns three
- For real, someone sang ‘Circle of Life’ on ‘American Idol’
- The day R. Kelly sang ‘I Look to You’